Gebroeders van der Lans Bloemex b.v.’s history goes back to 1939. On the 1st of January of that year, a company called Gebroeders van der Lans Metropol was founded by three brothers: Leen, Cor and Piet van der Lans. In the early years, the company was located in Noordwijkerhout and mainly focused on growing and exporting bulbs.
In 1976, Piet van der Lans took over Gebroeders van der Lans Bloemex b.v. He set up shop at Naaldwijk’s CCWS flower auction house, and specialised in purchasing flowers and exporting them to Germany – with considerable success.
After Piet van der Lans passed away, his wife Marian van der Lans started running Gebroeders van der Lans Bloemex b.v in December 1988. In addition to maintaining exports to Germany, she began exporting flowers to Belgium and France.